Experienced Attorney Answering Your Questions About California Family Law
Handling your civil litigation needs in Santa Barbara County
With more than 30 years’ experience practicing law in Santa Barbara County and throughout California, I provide a range of legal services through my firm, McCleary (Mac) H. Sanborn, III, Attorney at Law. Whether you are going through a divorce, have suffered an injury or are planning an estate, I have the knowledge and skills to zealously represent you in the courtroom and the patience and fortitude to reach a negotiated settlement whenever possible.
Are you looking for a lawyer you can trust to protect your family?
Turn to me, Mac Sanborn, a recognized Santa Barbara family law attorney, if you need help with any of the following areas:
- Child custody and child support — I have the experience to resolve your child custody or child support dispute quickly and efficiently, and I can help set up a visitation agreement that everyone can live with
- Spousal support – Temporary and permanent support to enable you to continue to meet your expenses and standard of living
- Community property settlement — Dividing your property and assets can become a heated battle. I work hard to protect your interests
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — I guide you in establishing fair and binding marital agreements that protect your assets
- Domestic violence — Do not stand for domestic violence. If you need a restraining order, I’ll help you quickly to keep you and your family safe
A compassionate divorce lawyer who guides you through the process
Getting a divorce in California can be overwhelming — it’s often one of the most emotional experiences you will ever face. I answer your questions and help you make this often painful process as painless as possible. Come to me for help with:
- Legal separation — You may be unsure whether to seek a legal separation or a divorce. I’ll discuss your options in order for you to make the best decision for your family
- Divorce — I explain how irreconcilable differences, no-fault divorce, custody, visitation, spousal and child support, as well as property division may apply to you
- Dissolving same-sex marriages and domestic partnerships — I assist couples needing to dissolve same-sex marriages or domestic partnerships in California
- Child and spousal support — I assist in drawing up a fair spousal support agreement that works for your family
Do you need a respected civil litigation attorney to represent you in court?
In addition to providing counsel in family law matters, I’m experienced at handling a range of civil litigation matters for my clients. Contact my office if you are involved in a civil lawsuit, which may include:
- Personal injury — If you have suffered a personal injury such as a slip and fall accident, I can help you get the compensation you need and deserve
- Automobile accidents — I can help if you have been involved in a car crash and want to understand your rights and potential for compensation
- Civil harassment — I advise you on the legal steps to take if you are being harassed, stalked or threatened
- Contract disputes — I handle breaches of contract or contracts with unclear wording or ambiguous terms
Are you in the process of planning an estate?
Whether planning for your future or dividing your assets with a spouse, contact me for help with:
- Post-divorce estate planning — Helping you plan your estate after divorce
- Estate administration — Providing guidance with simple estate administration or probate
- Trusts, wills and probates — Understanding how you can protect your assets and plan for your family’s financial future
With more than 30 years of experience as an attorney in Santa Barbara, I’m dedicated to making the law work for you and your family.